Effective as of 3 June 2021
ROY.TEAM's mission is to bring people together to defend their rights and make systems more democratic. Our services enable ROY.TEAM members to take part in all community processes: to exchange ideas, to propose initiatives and tasks to implement them, to write news, to tell about events, to track the movement of funds. At the same time, we enable the user to remain completely anonymous
You agree that by clicking on «Join Now», «Join ROY.TEAM», «Register», etc., by registering, logging in or using our Services (described below), you agree to enter into a legally binding contract with Komdev group commercial company. If you do not accept the terms of this agreement («Agreement» or «User Agreement»), do not click on «Join» etc. or access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this agreement, you may do so at any time by closing your account and refrain from accessing and using the ROY.TEAM Services.
This Agreement applies to the ROY.TEAM website and other ROY.TEAM-related websites, applications, communications and other services that are provided under this Agreement (the «Services»), including data collected on third-party websites for said Services, such as ROY.TEAM advertisements and the «Submit using ROY.TEAM» and «Share using ROY.TEAM» plugins. Registered users of ROY.TEAM Services who have joined any of the communities are hereinafter referred to as «Members» and those who have not joined any of the communities are referred to as «Visitors».
You enter into this Agreement with ROY.TEAM (hereinafter also referred to as «we», «us», «us» and «us»)
You enter into this Agreement with Komdev group commercial company and Komdev group will be the operator of your personal data provided and collected by or in connection with the provision of the ROY.TEAM Services.
This Agreement applies to Participants and Visitors.
Participants and Visitors
By registering and joining ROY.TEAM Services you become a Visitor. As a 'Visitor' you can access certain features of ROY.TEAM. After joining any of the communities, the «Visitor» becomes a «Member» and has access to all of the functionality of the platform regarding the community in which the user has joined.
ROY.TEAM has the right to amend the Agreement.
TERMS OF SERVICE
By entering into this Agreement, you undertake a number of obligations.
You meet the requirements for entering into this Agreement and have reached the 'minimum age' specified in our requirements at the time of entering into this Agreement.
The Services are not intended for use by persons under 16 years of age.
You agree and acknowledge that in order to use the Services: 1) you must be of «minimum age» (see definition below); 2) you will only have one ROY.TEAM account registered to your real name and surname; 3) no restrictions are placed on you to use the Services by ROY.TEAM. The creation of an account using knowingly false information (including the creation of accounts registered to other persons and persons under the age of 16) is a violation of ROY.TEAM's terms and conditions.
'Minimum age' is 16 years old. However, if applicable law provides that in order for ROY.TEAM to legally provide the Services without parental consent (including the use of personal data) the Participant must be older, then the minimum age shall be the age provided by applicable law.
You are obliged to keep your password confidential
You must not share your account with others and must follow ROY.TEAM rules and legal requirements.
Visitors are the account holder. As a Visitor, you undertake the following obligations: 1) to use a strong password and keep it confidential; 2) not to share any data from your account (such as contacts) with others; and 3) to comply with legal requirements.
You are responsible for everything that happens with the use of your account until you close it or report its misuse by others.
PAYMENT AND CHARGES
There is no charge for using the ROY.TEAM Services.
NOTIFICATIONS AND MESSAGES
You agree that ROY.TEAM will use its websites, applications and available contact details to deliver notifications and messages to you. If your contact details are out of date you may miss important notifications from ROY.TEAM.
You agree that ROY.TEAM will send you notices and communications in the following ways: (1) as part of the Service; (2) using the contact information you provide (such as your email address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
You may control and limit the messages you receive from ROY.TEAM on your settings pages.
EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION
When you share any information within the ROY.TEAM Services, other members of the community can view, copy and use that information.
The ROY.TEAM Services allow you to share messages and information in various ways, such as through your suggestions, articles, and publishing information about events. Other Members can view the information and content you share or publish in the community.
Rights and restrictions
THE LICENCE YOU PROVIDE ROY.TEAM
You are the owner of any content, feedback and personal data that you provide to ROY.TEAM. However, you grant ROY.TEAM a non-exclusive licence to such content and feedback.
As between you and ROY.TEAM, you own the content and information you send or post when using the Services and you provide ROY.TEAM with
- If you choose to share your publication by giving it «Visible to All» status, etc., ROY.TEAM will make it publicly available on the community news page and allow search engines to index this publicly available content for subsequent search through the relevant services.
- As you own your content and we have only non-exclusive rights to it, you can make your content available to others, including on Creative Commons licence.
- When you send suggestions or other feedback about the Services to ROY.TEAM, you agree that we have the right (but not the obligation) to use and share such feedback with others for any purpose without compensation to you.
- You promise to provide only such information and content to which you have appropriate rights. In addition, you undertake to post only truthful information on your ROY.TEAM profile.
- You undertake to provide only such information and content for the distribution of which you have the corresponding rights. In addition, you will only post truthful information in your profile. In some countries the law may oblige ROY.TEAM to remove certain information or content.
ACCESSIBILITY OF SERVICES
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
You view and use third party content and information posted while using the Services at your own risk.
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that may be inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. As a general rule, ROY.TEAM does not review content submitted by Members or others. You agree that ROY.TEAM is not responsible for the content or information of third parties (including other Participants). ROY.TEAM cannot always prevent the misuse of the Services. You agree that ROY.TEAM is not liable for any such improper use.
ROY.TEAM may assist you in registering for and/or participating in events organised by Participants and in contacting other Participants who have also registered for such events. You agree that (1) ROY.TEAM is not responsible for the conduct of any Participant or other person attending such event, (2) ROY.TEAM does not endorse any specific event announced as part of the ROY.TEAM Services unless expressly stated in the event information, (3) ROY.TEAM does not monitor and/or review any such event, (4) you undertake to comply with these terms and conditions applicable to such events.
In addition, when providing the Services, we may use third-party applications, technical solutions - to improve the quality of the Services we provide.
When using third-party products, applications, technical solutions, we undertake to state the specific proprietary name of that solution (e.g. Patreon, Incognio, Stripe). For questions about the technical operation of third-party services used by ROY.TEAM, you should contact the technical support of these services.
ROY.TEAM reserves the right to restrict the way you contact and interact with the Services.
ROY.TEAM reserves the right to restrict your use of the Services, including your contacts and your ability to contact other Members. ROY.TEAM reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your account if you violate this Agreement or the law or use the Services inappropriately.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
ROY.TEAM notifies you of our intellectual property rights.
ROY.TEAM retains all rights to its intellectual property in the provision of the Services. The trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services belong to their respective owners. The ROY.TEAM logos and other trademarks, service marks, images and logos of ROY.TEAM used in connection with the Services are the intellectual property of ROY.TEAM
ROY.TEAM uses the data and information about you to offer you relevant recommendations.
ROY.TEAM uses the information you provide and the available Participant data to offer recommendations about content and features that may be useful to you. For example, ROY.TEAM uses data and information about you to recommend you to the community.
Limitation of liability
LACK OF GUARANTEES
ROY.TEAM guarantees your anonymity within the data requested by the platform. This user-identifying data is stored in the service database in an encrypted form.
If, however, you make the data visible yourself and open it for display to other users, the data in the database is stored in unencrypted form. In this case ROY.TEAM is not responsible for the consequences of what the user may suffer as a result of the use of the service and the actions of third parties.
By joining the community and providing your data to its leader and members, you act at your own risk.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
ROY.TEAM's legal liability to you is limited.
ROY.TEAM is, to the fullest extent permitted by law, exempt from liability for loss of profits or damage to reputation incurred by you in using the Services.
THE BASIS OF THE TRANSACTION. EXCEPTIONS
The limitations of liability in this Section 4 are a bargain between you and ROY.TEAM and apply to liability for any claims even if ROY.TEAM and its affiliates have been advised of the possibility of any such damage occurring.
The said limitations of liability shall not apply to liability for wilful misconduct or in the event of breach of a material obligation due to negligence (whereby a material obligation is an obligation that is a necessary condition for the provision of our services and on which you have a reasonable basis to rely), but only to the extent that the damage caused is a direct consequence of such breach and was foreseeable at the time this Agreement was concluded, as well as in terms of the following
Termination of contract
The parties have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time. In doing so, certain rights and obligations of the parties will remain in force. In the event of termination, you will lose the right to access or use the ROY.TEAM Services.
APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
In the unlikely event that a dispute between you and ROY.TEAM goes to court, you and ROY.TEAM agree that such a dispute will be taken to a court in the Republic of Lithuania.
The following is some important information about the Contract
If a court with jurisdiction over this Contract finds that any part of it is unenforceable, then you and ROY.TEAM agree that the court shall vary the terms so that that part becomes enforceable without being rendered invalid. If the court proves unable to do so, you and ROY.TEAM agree to apply to the court to delete the unenforceable part and to uphold the other provisions of this Agreement.
This Agreement (including any additional terms that ROY.TEAM may impose on your use of certain features of the Services) is the only agreement entered into between us in relation to the Services.
ROY.TEAM's failure to act in the event of a breach of this Agreement does not mean that ROY.TEAM waives its right to enforce the terms of the Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your participation or use of the Services) to anyone without the consent of ROY.TEAM.
You confirm that the only way to give ROY.TEAM proper notice is to send proper notice to the addresses set out in Section 10.
PERMITTED AND PROHIBITED ACTIONS IN ROY.TEAM
ROY.TEAM is a community of activists. This list of 'Allowed and Prohibited Activities' defines what you can and cannot do within the ROY.TEAM Services.
You agree that you are obliged to:
- comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws and regulatory requirements;
- provide accurate and up-to-date information;
- use the Services for business and noble purposes.
You agree that you will not:
- create fake accounts in ROY.TEAM, misrepresent your identity, create a Participant profile for someone other than yourself (a real person), and use or attempt to use someone else's account;
- develop, maintain or use software products, devices, scripts, robots or other tools and processes (including workarounds, plug-ins and browser add-ons, as well as any other technology) to web scrape the Services provided or otherwise copy profiles and other data within the Services provided;
- block any security features or bypass any access controls or restrictions on the use of the Services (e.g. using upper case when searching for keywords or viewing profiles);
- copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained while using the Services, directly or through third parties (e.g. search engines);
- disclose information without having secured consent for its disclosure;
- violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patent and trademark rights, trade secrets, and other proprietary rights. For example, you may not copy or distribute (other than through the available 'share' function) publications or other content from others without their permission, which they may provide by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- violate ROY.TEAM's intellectual property and other rights, including but not limited to (i) copying or distributing ROY.TEAM training videos or other materials; (ii) copying or distributing ROY.TEAM technology in the absence of an open source software license; (iii) using the word 'ROY.TEAM' or ROY.TEAM logos in any company name, email message or URL;
- post content containing software viruses, 'worms' or any other malicious code;
- perform technology tampering, decompiling, reverse assembling, decrypting or otherwise obtaining the source code of the Services or any related technology, other than open source technology;
- imply or claim to be affiliated with ROY.TEAM by a partnership or to receive advice and support from ROY.TEAM without the express consent of ROY.TEAM (for example, posing as a ROY.TEAM training specialist);
- to lend, rent or lease, exchange, sell/resell or otherwise monetize or access the Services or related data without the consent of ROY.TEAM;
- to post direct links to the Services for any purpose other than community promotion.
- use robot software or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or forward messages;
- monitor the availability, performance or functionality of the Services for competitive purposes;
- to recreate, mirror or otherwise imitate the appearance or functioning of the Services;
- interfere with or place an undue burden on the Services (e.g. using spam, denial of service (DoS) attacks, viruses, game algorithms).
ROY.TEAM respects the intellectual property rights of others. We therefore require that the information posted by Members is accurate and does not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
We also warn that the content posted by users of the service is not encrypted, except for the user's personal information, which by default «no one sees» and therefore - it is encrypted.